JVCC FSK-A FSK (Foil-Scrim-Kraft) Tape is a 3-way fiberglass scrim, dead soft aluminum foil and Kraft paper tape coated with an acrylic adhesive that’s carried on a removable paper release liner (3.2-mil thick). Since the foil is malleable, this tape can conform to curved and other irregular surfaces, maximizing contact with the adhesive for a stronger bond. It has a fast, positive grab to the insulation surface, and can be used as an effective closure system for mineral wool or fiberglass insulation systems that contain foil. JVCC FSK-A FSK tape seals joints and seams on fiberglass duct board with an aluminum face. By providing a vapor barrier, it keeps the integrity of the system strong and intact.
- Foil-faced or foil-reinforced duct insulation
- Rigid ducts and other sealing applications
- Sealing vent seams
JVCC FSK-A FSK (Foil/Scrim/Kraft) Tape
- Adhesive: solvent based acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: aluminum foil/fiberglass scrim/kraft paper
- Release Liner: siliconized paper
- Thickness: 6.8 mils (carrier, adhesive) 4.8 mils (carrier) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 73 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 27.4 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -22°F to 176°F
- Core: 3″ diameter neutral