CP-147 is a UL-181 B-M listed, economical, water based, non-fibrated sealant. It is supplied in a special thixotropic consistency that allows easy application by brush, glove, trowel, power extrusion.
CP-147 is used to seal all metal joints in high, medium, and low pressure air handling ductwork systems. Application by trowel, brush or extrusion readily fills the joints of round, rectangular, rigid or flexible ductwork, diffusers, and mixing boxes. It can also be used to seal ASJ, FRK, and FSK jackets and board facings at joints and laps.
- Water-based for personal & environmental safety.
- Application is quick & easy for economical installation.
- Dries firmly & forms a strong, resilient, seal.
- Creates a permanently flexible seal (even when system cycles between high and low temperatures).
- Long service life.
- Quick & efficient cleanup of tools & metal with hot water when sealant is still wet.
- Store and apply between 40ºF (4ºC) and 100ºF (38ºC); protect from freezing.
- To resist rain wash off, allow at least 16 hours drying time above 40ºF (4ºC), with a relative humidity of 50%. Higher humidity or lower temperatures may retard drying.
- Always test foil and paper facings for acceptable adhesion.
- Outdoor horizontal surfaces must always drain completely. A pitch of at least 1/4 inch per foot (2 cm/m) is required.
- If used between two impermeable surfaces, drying time will be extended.
- CP-147 Duct Sealant is produced under the classification and followup service of Underwriter’s Laboratories, Inc. and meets NFPA 90A and 90B 25/50 requirements.
- Meets requirements for LEED IEQ 4.1 Low-emitting Materials, Adhesives and Sealants. VOC: 13 g/l, less water and exempt solvents.
- CP-147 meets all SMACNA pressure classes up to 10″ w.g. and SMACNA seal classes A, B, and C on ducts constructed to SMACNA standards. It has been tested up to 15″ w.g. and passed with no sealant blow out.
WET WEIGHT: 11.6 lbs (1.4 kg/l)
AVERAGE NON-VOLATILE: 67% by Weight
SERVICE TEMPERATURE RANGE: (Temperature to which dry film is subjected.) 20ºF to 200ºF (-7ºC to 93ºC)
DRYING TIME: To Touch – 1 hour / Through – 16-24 hours
**Temperature, humidity and film thickness with affect drying time.**
COVERAGE: (Varies with substrate.)
Brush: 50 -80 ft2 ./gal (1.2-2.0 m2 /l)
FUNGAL GROWTH RESISTANCE: (UL-181B-M) Pass
CLEAN-UP: Warm, soapy water (wet), xylol (dry)